My friend, Laura Bray, sent me this cute Boho Snails Printable to play with and see what I could come up with. I decided to add him to an up-cycled denim garden apron that I had been working on and I think it turned out really cute!
I started by sewing a couple of pieces of a pair of jeans together and adding a pocket made from one of the legs.
Then I added a ruffle I took off of a dress that no longer fit, and added some cute micro ball fringe trim.
I used Aleene's Fabric Fusion Tape to add some cute fabric flowers. The tape is so easy to work with and you can wash and dry the apron on delicate and the flowers will stay on.
Of course I had to add some bling from The Buckle Boutique! This slide was so easy to add to the piece of zipper I saved from the jeans. I just slid it on and stiched it into place.
I used some yellow Kunin Felt to make a couple cute butterfly appliques. I used my Sizzix machine to cut out the butterflies and attached them with Aleene's Fabric fusion Peel and Stick Sheets to my apron.
The felt held up great when cutting the intricate die cut and the bright color really stands out on the denim.
My favorite part of the project was decorating Mr. Boho Snail with buttons from Buttons Galore. I must admit, I went a little over the top. I think I might have a button addiction.
Now I think I'm ready to start working on decorating my patio at our new house!
Tuesday, June 16, 2015
Monday, June 1, 2015
I made my husband a cute frame for Father's Day match the candy holder we made him for his desk. I love using old jeans and re-purposing them for fun crafting items.
It was really easy to do, here is how I did it:
2. I ran some burlap, ribbon and this really cool embossed felt from Kunin Group through my Xyron machine. Doesn't the felt look just like leather!
The Xyron works great on fabrics like burlap, and you don't have to wait for the adhesive to dry!
3. I cut up some old jeans and used the pieces for additional decoration.
4. For the bunting I used adhesive glitter vinyl from The Buckle Boutique and pieces of the jeans. I cut the letters out with my Silhouette Cameo machine.
5. I used Aleene's Fabric Fusion Tape to attach the jean pieces and the bunting. I recommend using Westcott brand non-stick scissors. They are great when working with adhesives!
6. I used Glue Dots to attach the buttons.