Hello everyone! Welcome to the Designer Crafts Connection Rinea Foil Blog Hop. Today I am sharing a fun tutorial on how to make some cute Cinco de Mayo party decorations with tissue paper and Rinea Foil.
I love to decorate for Cinco de Mayo and I made all of these decorations with the same process, I just changed the size of the tissue paper squares I started with. I used 4 inch squares for the small flowers and 6 inch squares for the larger flowers on the wreath.
The addition of the Rinea Foil to the center of my tissue paper flowers really added a fun element of bling. Here is how I made them...
Multi colored tissue paper
Directions to make small flowers:
1. Cut tissue paper into 4 inch squares.
2. Stack 10 sheets in all different colors and fold into accordion style pleats.
3. Cut Bowdabra wire and place inside of Bowdabra Mini. Place tissue paper inside as shown.
4. Place a few 1 inch narrow cut strips of Rinea Foil in center
5. Pull wire into a slip knot.
6. Tighten around center.
6. Tie wire into double knot in back of flower to secure.
7. Separate tissue paper layers to form the flower.
8. Adjust layers to make the flower circular.
9. Tie flower to straw and trim any extra wire.
I love how the flowers look on these foil straws, I can't wait to use them in a margarita glass!
I also added a few of the flowers to a hair band for my daughter to wear to our Cinco de Mayo party. I hope this tutorial has given you some ideas on how to incorporate Rinea Foil into your projects!
Thanks for stopping by today:)
Let’s be friends!